The Misfit Christian — Click on the image to see the book at Amazon.com
Live Happily on Less — click image to see at Amazon.com
Grammar Despair — click image to see at Amazon.com
Step by Step Success — click image to see DVD at Amazon.com
- Mindless, Meaningless Phrases We Repeat
- Megachurch Rock Star Pastors
- Phonograph Days: The Story of This Painting
- Thoughtcrime: Are We Guilty?
- Christian Politics — What’s This?
- Our Obsession with Success
- Into the Surf: The Story of This Painting
- Alone Does Not Mean Lonely; and Lonely Does Not Mean Loser
- Did That Christian Just Call Your Child a DOG?
- We’re Not Rich, but We OWN Our House
This Woman Writes Facebook
Steve Henderson Fine Art Facebook
Monthly Archives: May 2014
From the time we are schoolchildren, we are regularly assured, “You can be anything you want to be. Just dream it, and it will come true.” Do an Internet search on “following your dreams” and you’ll come up with everything … Continue reading
Apostasy is nothing new in Christianity. Two thousand years ago Jesus warned that false prophets “come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.” (Matthew 7: 15) Given that we, the people of God, are frequently referred to as … Continue reading
The story of the painting, Lady in Waiting, by Steve Henderson, at Start Your Week with Steve: The sheer exuberance of color — vibrant, pulsating lavender set against warm, glowing oranges — is the backdrop for a quiet moment at … Continue reading
Tough love. It’s an oxymoronic — or maybe just moronic — psychological phrase that has crept its way into Christian thought. We’ve been told it’s the solution to codependent relationships, another psychophrase bandied about more frequently than words like grace, mercy, charity, … Continue reading