The Misfit Christian — Click on the image to see the book at Amazon.com
Live Happily on Less — click image to see at Amazon.com
Grammar Despair — click image to see at Amazon.com
- Major Decision? Don’t Be Rushed
- Fast, Efficient, and Furious — Is This U.S. Culture?
- We Don’t Need Influencers; We Need Each Other
- Compassion and Pride Don’t Mix
- What Will Others Think? Honestly, It Doesn’t Matter
- We Have More Than Two Choices
- Explore a World without Walls or Fences
- Too Many Items on Your List? Do This . . .
- Vacation Every Day?
- Judging Others — We’re Usually Wrong
This Woman Writes Facebook
Steve Henderson Fine Art Facebook
Tag Archives: resume
Community service and volunteer jobs are valid jobs, by the way, even if you didn’t get paid. They provide experience and require you to be on the spot even if there is no paycheck at the end of the cycle. Continue reading
Many of us, when we’re first starting out, find ourselves scrabbling to find something, anything, about us or our experience that an employer would be interested in. The 16-year-old first launching into the work world lists the 4-H Livestock Show, the babysitting, and the steady paper route. The 44-year-old recently let-go middle manager does not.
Your purpose in writing the resume is not to get an A out of Mrs. Polansky’s class but to stand out in the stack — so rules are soft, but the primary unbreakable one is to make sure that everything you do contributes to your resume being easy to read and understand. Continue reading