The Misfit Christian — Click on the image to see the book at Amazon.com
Live Happily on Less — click image to see at Amazon.com
Grammar Despair — click image to see at Amazon.com
- We’re Not Turning into Zombies, Are We?
- What Is Freedom? And Are We Free?
- Whom Do We Trust?
- We Need Time to Think
- Some Things Are Out of Our Control
- Afraid? Don’t Be. You Have the Courage You Need
- Technological Innovation: Is the Alarm Clock Really Such a Great Thing?
- Fear Blocks Our Ability to Think
- The History of Real People Isn’t Boring
- Problems Are Mountains and Mountains Can Be Climbed
This Woman Writes Facebook
Steve Henderson Fine Art Facebook
Monthly Archives: May 2014
From the time we are schoolchildren, we are regularly assured, “You can be anything you want to be. Just dream it, and it will come true.” Do an Internet search on “following your dreams” and you’ll come up with everything … Continue reading
Apostasy is nothing new in Christianity. Two thousand years ago Jesus warned that false prophets “come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.” (Matthew 7: 15) Given that we, the people of God, are frequently referred to as … Continue reading
The story of the painting, Lady in Waiting, by Steve Henderson, at Start Your Week with Steve: The sheer exuberance of color — vibrant, pulsating lavender set against warm, glowing oranges — is the backdrop for a quiet moment at … Continue reading
Tough love. It’s an oxymoronic — or maybe just moronic — psychological phrase that has crept its way into Christian thought. We’ve been told it’s the solution to codependent relationships, another psychophrase bandied about more frequently than words like grace, mercy, charity, … Continue reading